• To improve the treatment, rehabilitation and care of people with mental disorders, mental retardation and other emotional conditions.
• To promote scientific investigation, professional education in Psychiatry and other related areas and to prevent disability due to mental disorders.
• To optimize service standards in all psychiatric organizations.
• To encourage collaboration among all who are concerned about the medical, psychological, social and legal aspects of mental disorders.
• To enable access of all knowledge in Psychiatry to other physicians, scientists and other areas of human knowledge and to the general public.
• To support the best interests of patients and of those who actually or potentially use mental health services.
• To advocate for psychiatrists.